Symantec Messaging Gateway 10.5 for Service Providers (Software Edition)
Formally known as Symantec Brightmail Message Filter
On June 25th, 2013 Symantec will be launching the pre-release evaluation of Symantec Messaging Gateway 10.5 for Service Providers. This new version of Symantec Messaging Gateway for Service Providers (Software Edition) plans to introduce new features including.
- Name change from Symantec Brightmail Message Filter to Symantec Messaging Gateway for Service Providers
- Block more Spam and Malware with Expanded Threat URL Reputation and Customer Specific Rules creation capabilities
- Submit missed Spam and False Positive Emails with new CLI Message Submission process
- Block Marketing and Newsletter Messages with newly available dispositions
- Enhanced management of Unscannable Messages
The Symantec Enterprise External Test Program is designed to ensure that customers have a central location to download builds and access to post feedback on the Symbeta forum for Symantec technology experts to review. You can sign up for the evaluation by navigating to the following link.
A Webinar will also be scheduled to discuss and field questions around this pre-release evaluation. As with prior pre-release evaluations for Symantec Brightmail Message Filter, Symantec will be offering incentives for customers who participate in the evaluation. Details regarding the official start date, date and time of the webinar and incentive offerings will be provided as an update to this invitation.
- Testers will receive a copy of Norton AntiVirus based on the below criteria:
- Install pre-release evaluation version of SMG 10.5 for Service Providers
- Return answers from relevant sections of beta script
- 2 iPads will be provided to customers based on the following criteria:
- 1 to the tester who runs the most production traffic (based on stats received by Symantec)
- 1 to the tester who provides the most comprehensive testing feedback. Providing feedback for multiple sections of the testing script will increase your chances of winning.
If you would like to participate in this pre-release evaluation please sign up at the above Symbeta link. If there are any questions regarding the upcoming pre-release evaluation, please reply to this email or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and a Symantec team member will respond to you shortly.
Symantec Messaging Gateway Team