With all the buzz about Marie Kondo and her efforts to tidy things with a focus on keeping things that bring joy to you, and cleaning out the stuff that doesn’t, I thought today — February 11th National Clean Out Your Computer Day — was as good as any …
New year, new release: Our first 2019 product update of Avast Cleanup Premium for PC comes with a new Software Updater feature. This article explains why you need it and why you cannot trust Windows or any other third-party software makers to update th…
Our study continues: In our last blog covering the 2019 Avast PC Report, we glanced at the most important developments in the software space — for example, what types of software and Windows versions users have installed and how outdated both are. This…
Our latest PC Report shows that people have a LOT of apps on their PCs…but do they really need them?
To showcase what it can actually do for you, we’ve tested the before and after situation on typical phones. Check out the results!
Cybersecurity encompasses multiple defenses. It’s not just an antivirus, it’s not just a VPN, it’s not just a password manager, internet security, and anti-track software. It’s all these things and more, working together to ensure every vulnerability is protected, whether the threats are coming from a phishing email, a malicious website, a botnet, public Wi-Fi, or other avenue. Cybercriminals are trying every angle to crack into our data, and they won’t rest until they do.
Click to view a larger version of the infographic here.
We need to defend our digital lives comprehensively. Here are 5 ways to protect yourself online:
- Get Antivirus Protection: Every month, our network protects hundreds of millions of users from 2 billion malware attacks. Avast Premier is our top-of-the-line antivirus that stops emerging threats, ransomware, spyware, and then some.
- Use a VPN to encrypt your internet connection: A VPN protects your privacy online by masking your IP address and providing an encrypted connection between you and the internet. Access streaming shows when you travel, safely use a public Wi-Fi, and remain anonymous online.
- Use a fast, secure, and private browser: Get state-of-the-art protection for all your online activities—plus ad-blocking, anti-tracking, and anti-fingerprinting. This makes it impossible for others to create an online profile of you. Avast Secure Browser includes all this and it’s up to 4x faster than your standard browser.
- Make your passwords unique and strong: Ever-changing, complex passwords are key to data protection. Use a password manager to securely sync your passwords across all your computers, smartphones, and tablet
devices. Avast Passwords Premium is a great option for
managing your passwords and it also has the added benefit of detecting when sites have been compromised and prompts you to change your password.
- While you’re at it, speed up and clean up your PC: Along with all this protection, apply a full optimization suite like Avast Cleanup Premium which includes over 10 features to improve your PC’s reliability and speed. Our patented technologies provide next-gen tuning and cleaning which frees up disk space, removes bloatware, fixes problems, and increases speed.
PC makers often preload your desktop and laptop with toolbars, app trials, advertising software and other programs that you don’t want – all software commonly known as “bloatware.” The result? A super slow PC that runs out of disk space faster than you can fill it. In this blog post we’ll show you a few easy steps to help you get rid of such stuff.
Unfortunately, Macs might be the sports cars of the IT business, but just like any car, they need proper maintenance to keep running. In this guide we’ll walk you through the essentials — and even some great secrets — to clean up invisible clutter and tune up your MacBook, iMac, or Mac Pro beyond its limits.
Chances are that 99% of you reading this are getting a variation of these two messages frequently — or both if you’re unlucky:
It won’t be exactly groundbreaking news when we tell you that your apps consume your Android’s battery, data, and storage. But here’s what far fewer people know: most apps run invisible in the background and the worst offenders drain all three (battery, data, and storage) at the same time. To help you navigate the digital sea of apps and learn which ones are sapping your resources, Avast, the global leader in digital security products, regularly releases the Avast Android App Performance & Trend Report.