On 12 August, 2013, Symantec will be launching the pre-release evaluation of Symantec Web Gateway 5.2. This new version of Symantec Web Gateway introduces new features including:
- Hardware and Operating System Upgrades
- Ability to upgrade the appliance Operating System from the SWG UI.
The Symantec Enterprise External Test Program is designed to ensure that customers have a central location to download builds and access to post feedback on the SymBeta forum for Symantec technology experts to review. You can sign up for the evaluation by navigating to the following link.
A Webinar will also be scheduled on the 12th of August to discuss and field questions around this pre-release evaluation. Details regarding the time and Webex links of the webinar will be provided as an update to this invitation. As with prior pre-release evaluations for Symantec Web Gateway, Symantec will be offering incentives for customers who participate in the evaluation. The following are the incentives offered for this testing period.
- Customers, who install the pre-release evaluation version of SWG 5.2 and provide feedback regarding their upgrade experience via the testing script, will receive a copy of Norton AntiVirus.
- Customers who install of the pre-release evaluation version of SWG 5.2 in production, provide feedback regarding their upgrade experience via the testing script and who generate the most production traffic through their test appliance during the pre-release evaluation (based on stats received by Symantec) will have a chance to win an iPad (there are 4 total available).
- A US$200 value gift card will be given away to the first 5 customers who install the pre-release evaluation version of SWG 5.2 within three weeks of Beta commencement and provide feedback regarding their upgrade experience via the testing script. Having multiple Clients connecting through the SWG 5.2 test appliances with increase your chances of winning. Customers may attain both the gift card and an iPad.
If you would like to participate in this pre-release evaluation please sign up at the above SymBeta link and reply to this email with the following information:
- Will your deployment be in tandem with production or in a lab environment?
- Will your deployment be physical or virtual?
- Are there any specific areas that you want to focus on testing?
- Please provide your appliance serial numbers you will be using for testing if planning on performing an upgrade from the current version?
If there are any questions regarding the upcoming pre-release evaluation, please reply to this email or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and a Symantec Web Gateway team member will respond to you shortly.
Symantec Web Gateway Team