The Hashtag system, created by Chris Messina in 2007, became Twitter’s trademark. The other social networks, notably Instagram, Google+, and Tumbr followed Twitter’s “Hashtag policy”; however it was still not available on Facebook, until now! Finally, users of the biggest social platform can follow and create conversations across the world, by adding a simple Hashtag symbol (#) before the word.
The AVAST Social Media team is very excited about this feature and would like to introduce you to a new #hashtag challenge available across the social media platforms.
Now the fun part: Utilize the following Hashtag: “#useAVAST” to let everybody know why you personally recommend our free Antivirus solution. Be creative, be funny, be free.
We will award in two categories:
- Most creative/funny recommendation
- Most convincing recommendation
- Challenge is open from June 22-June 23 from 12AM-12AM CET
- Use the following, #useAVAST, in the text of your recommendation (position in the text is not relevant)
- Use following social networks: Google+, Twitter or Facebook to enter the challenge
- AVAST Software Social Media team will select a recommendation in each category from each social network Google +, Twitter and Facebook (another words 6 recommendations in total will be awarded)
- Additionally we will award the most liked (on Facebook), most Re-Tweeted (on Twitter), and most +1 messages on Google+ recommendation, so don’t forget to invite your friends to vote for yours!
- By participating in the challenge, the grants AVAST Software non-exclusive rights to distribute it, and communicate it to the public by all means known now or in the future, including the explicit consent to use his/her profile picture and the name of participant
- One year free license for avast! Premiere
Thank you for participating and please make sure you follow us on
Note: Due to current linguistic capacity of AVAST Social Media team, we have to limit our hashtag challenge to the English language. Soon other languages will follow.