Freemium is a mashup of the words ‘free’ and ‘premium’.
It is well-know that both Apple and Google revenues from their app stores come mostly from freemium apps. It can be an application like Avast Mobile Security, a game, or any service provided free of charge. The developers make money when a customer pays for upgrades or additional services.
If the goal is to make money, what does the freemium model give?
With games, you may be able to play the first few levels, just enough to get you hooked, then you have to pay to move on. Or you pay for improvements – like a faster car or an extra super power.
With music services, maybe you can pay to get ad-free listening or a better quality of sound. But sometimes the price you pay for a free service or game may be annoying banner ads or time outs. In other words – you get what you pay for.
So, it’s important to know and check what you get for free with apps downloaded in the mobile stores. If the paid version has all the most needed features, well, why would you use the free version?
With millions of applications waiting to be installed in our gadgets, you not only need to be concerned about quality, but you need to be worried about getting malware into your phone. Unfortunately, we already know that Google Play and Windows Store aren’t immune to malware. Even the Apple Store has its bad days, so we’re not trying to scare you. Malware is a continuing, growing threat these days.
Avast Mobile Security is an excellent example of a quality freemium app
Avast Mobile Security will protect and allow you a worry free browsing experience. Just install the app and you are good to go! Here’s what you get from this freemium software:
- Android protection: The free features of Avast Mobile Security ensure that your smartphone is safe from online threats and malware.
- Incoming SMS filtration: You are allowed to block specific numbers for calls and SMS.
- Stolen/lost device tracking: The software features Anti-theft elements that provide you with remote options to track your phone location and also recover the same.
- Warning alarms: In case you visit a website that is malware infected, the software will alarm you by a warning sign or sound using their Web Shield.
- Wi-Fi and network data usage tracking: You may be eager to know your data usage and Avast makes it quite easy. You can track your network data usage as well as Wi-Fi and perceive how much you have consumed and how much is left to use.
- Mistyped URLs are auto-corrected: Avast Mobile Security is equipped with SiteCorrect feature that saves users from the issues of mistyping URLs.
We invite you to check out Avast Mobile Security, free from Google Play.